CITIA is concerned with the development of proactive, multimodal, social, and autonomous agents which enable rich, conversational interactions between people and between people and machines. Such agents should feature:
- Natural communication and interaction
- Proactive and autonomous behaviour
- Social norms corresponding to the current environment
- Awareness of the current context
- A capability for social and affective behaviour
CITIA is operated by LT-Innovate, The European Association of the Language Technology Industry, with the support of the ROCKIT project, funded by the European Union’s FP7/ICT Programme.